We offer the following one week seminars designed to educate clients in Lean manufacturing methodology and implementation techniques:
- Lean basics and simulation – Introduction to key lean concepts. The seminar includes a demonstration of how lean is applied.
- Advanced Toolbox – Training on advanced concepts including takt time, smed, dmaic and pdca
- Kaizen events – Focused sessions to address specific issues within the organization
Our lean implementation programs include:
- Value stream mapping – Hands on evaluation of existing processes including development of visual process flow maps.
- 5S program & visual workplace – Structured, straight forward program designed to simplify the workspace. The program includes tools to ensure sustainability and is developed with input from the shop floor.
- Visual Material Management – Evaluation of current material management processes and transition to visual Kanban system.
- Lean Manufacturing processes redesign – Evaluation of existing process and transition from batch processing to single piece flow
Our involvement falls into two categories; stabilizing existing operations and assisting companies through major change (like following an acquisition or during a facility consolidation or move). In all cases we believe in making sure that management and employees have clear and timely visibility of the key process indicators for the organization. The services we provide include:
- Transition guidance and support
- Process change implementation
- ERP/MRP implementation support
- Outsourced management
- Processes evaluation and resolution of issues
- Organizational evaluation and restructuring
- Development of management tools to improve visibility
- Development of KPI (key process indicator) tracking tools
- Cycle time reduction
- Scrap/rework reduction
- Quality improvement
- IT issue resolution
- Overhead reduction
- Labor content reduction
- Key employee recruitment
- Personnel relations
- Facility move/expansion evaluation and planning
The resolution of complex issues requires change in multiple functional areas concurrently. The areas that we address include:
- Manufacturing (including stores)
- Program Management
- Human Resources
Our primary focus has been on manufacturing companies. Several of our clients have been either government contractors or in heavily regulated industries. Many of our clients have had large engineering groups. Industries that we have worked in include.
- Food/Personal Care Products
- Waste Management (including nuclear)